Get out the Vote – Tips for Entrants
Thanks for entering BizClips: The Small Business Productivity Makeover Video Contest. We’ve had a great response. Now it’s time for you to get out the vote.
Forty percent of your final score will be based on the number of votes your video gets. Promoting it to your friends, family, customers and others and asking for their votes will be a key to your success. There is a limit of 1 (one) vote per person per day beginning April 1 at 12:00 a.m. EST and ending April 30, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. See “Public Voting” in the Contest Rules for complete requirements.
Here are some tips to help you promote your video through social media and other channels. Good luck.
- Locate and share your video. Find your unique video URL on the Contest’s “Vote” page, so you can then:
- Direct your potential voters to your unique URL to cast their vote;
- Use the "Share" button under your video to share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, or Email; or
- Combine your unique URL with Contest graphics to create a clickable button to post in your website, blogs, emails or social media posts to request votes.
- Ask people to vote for your video.
- Introduce yourself and your business.
- Tell them about the contest and why you entered.
- Ask for their vote and include the hyperlink or button to your video.
- Ask them to help more by spreading the word.
- Thank them for supporting you and your small business.
- Decide how frequently to post reminders to maximize your community’s support without annoying them.
- Use Graphics and Photos. Eye-catching images and photos are more engaging than plain text.
- Use the graphics supplied below to promote your video.
- Copy the graphic, save it to your computer and paste it into your website, emails, blog, or social media.
- Craft your request in the best format and language your audience.
- Facebook: Post an image and link to your video and ask your friends to vote. Then ask them to Like, Comment, and Share your request with their friends, too. Keep in mind Facebook’s image dimensions.
- Twitter: Tweets must be 140 characters or less. To conserve space, use a URL shortener in place of your video’s full address. Keep in mind Twitter’s image guidelines The contest hashtag is #bizclips.
- If you use other social channels to reach friends, family and others, post similar content there.
Free Graphics for You to Use
You may use the following JPG images as you ask others to vote for your video.
MiniMatters Video + Marketing, a SCORE-advised business, provided us with these tips for making contest videos. For dozens of other video ideas, visit and subscribe to their Video Marketing Blog for weekly tips!